Q&A now has two new topics - warfarin reversal and pretransfusion clinical practice - to help test your knowledge of transfusion practice and patient blood management.
You either have the option to complete a quick quiz or receive CPD points by enrolling in the topics and successfully answering questions via SMS or email.
The questions on warfarin reversal will ensure you are able to :
- state the incidence and risk factors for bleeding on warfarin
- describe the steps to prevent and manage a high INR, and
- apply the principles and guidelines for warfarin reversal to clinical case scenarios.
And having completed pretransfusion clinical practice, you should be able to:
- explain the labelling requirements for pretransfusion testing
- outline the importance of ABO/Rh typing and screening/identification of clinically significant antibodies during pretransfusion testing
- list the requirements of a request for blood products, and
- apply the principles and requirements of pretransfusion testing to clinical case scenarios.
Explore the new topics here.